2017 Photo Contest: Putting a Face on Chester County
The 2017 Landscapes3 photo contest, “Putting a Face on Chester County” focused on the County’s greatest asset: its people. Chester County responded! 249 images were submitted in two categories – Adult (18 and over) and Youth (under 18). The photos show people paddling our rivers, strolling through our towns and boroughs, hiking our trails, enjoying our local businesses, and tip toeing through our sunflower fields.
Of the nearly 250 entries, 24 Adult finalists and seven Youth finalists were identified. After thoughtful consideration and a final determination by the Landscapes3 Steering Committee, six winning images were selected. Congratulations to the winners in the Adult category:
- Beth Uhler came in first place with her photograph Running on Hay Bales and won a Longwood Gardens gift package including four complimentary admission tickets.
- Miranda Wade came in second place with her photograph Doesn’t Get Any Better… and won four Brandywine River Museum complimentary admission tickets and lunch for four at the Millstone Café.
- Heidi Whitmore came in third with her photograph Sunrise and won a gift card to the Dansko Factory Store.
CongratuIations to the winners in the Youth category (our next generation of Chester County photographers):
- Andy Zhang came in first place with his photograph Sunset and won a Trek Bicycles gift package including a brand new bicycle helmet and basket.
- Michael McBride came in second place with his photograph Sunset Fishin’ and won a Helicopter Museum family membership.
- Abigail Williams came in third place with her photograph Lost in the Sunshine and Flowers and won a gift certificate for two hours of bowling and dinner for five at the Palace Bowling and Entertainment Center.
While only six photos could be winning entries, the quality of submissions ensured that many of the images could be used on our website or in the new county comprehensive plan, Landscapes3. Thank you to all of the contest participants and Longwood Gardens, Brandywine River Museum and Millstone Café, Dansko, Trek Bicycles Exton, the Helicopter Museum and Education Center, and the Palace Bowling and Entertainment Center for supporting the contest with their prizes.