Implementation — Successes
The metrics below will track progress within each goal area to assess if plan implementation is on track. After base year data for 2018 are established for the metrics, the results will be published each year and include recognition of projects and programs advanced during the year.
Landscapes3 implementation is just starting, but we expect many successes in the coming years.
In the meantime, see success stories from Landscapes and Landscapes2.
How we Preserve
Goal: Advance the protection and stewardship of open space, farmland, and natural and cultural features to realize economic, ecological, and quality of life benefits.
- Protected Open Space: Track the percentage of permanently protected open space within the county, including farmland, nature preserves and parks.
- Open Space Connectivity: Monitor the connectivity of protected open space within the county.
- Protected Farmland: Track the percentage of farmland that is protected from development.
How we Protect
Goal: Protect and restore critical natural resources to ensure a resilient environment that supports healthy communities.
- Natural Resources Protection: Track the number of municipalities that have adopted comprehensive natural resource ordinance regulations.
- Stream Health: Monitor aquatic life diversity.
How we Appreciate
Goal: Preserve the historic resources and landscapes that define our cultural heritage to inspire the future through tangible connections to our shared past.
- Historic Inventory and Standards: Track the number of municipalities that have adopted comprehensive historic resource protection measures.
- Heritage Tourism: Track the level of tourism within the county related to historic and cultural resources.
How we Live
Goal: Nurture diverse and well-rounded communities with a balance of residential opportunities and convenient access to community facilities, services, and amenities.
- Affordable Housing Built: Track the number of affordable units subsidized by the county.
- Housing Diversity Opportunities: Track the types of housing constructed in the county.
- Access to Parks and Recreation: Monitor the percentage of residents living near public park and recreation facilities.
- Solid Waste Reduction: Track the amount of recycled materials per capita.
How we Prosper
Goal: Grow our economic strength through developing and sustaining a skilled workforce, adaptable work areas, supportive infrastructure, a culture of innovation, and engaged communities.
- Non-residential Development Activity: Track the amount of non-residential development.
- Urban Center Prosperity: Monitor taxable assessments in Urban Centers.
- Workforce Development Progress: Track the number of people assisted with employment training by the county.
How we Connect
Goal: Advance efficient, reliable, and innovative transportation, utility, and communications infrastructure systems that responsibly serve thriving and growing communities.
- Active Transportation Options: Track the length of new active transportation options created in the county.
- Public Transportation Ridership: Track transit ridership within the county.
- Improved Travel Time: Monitor the average travel time on select highways during peak hours.
- Coordinating Utilities within Growth: Track development proposals connecting to public sewer and water services that will be located in designated growth areas.