Landscapes2 is Chester County's comprehensive policy plan. It establishes growth management and preservation strategies to guide municipalities, developers, preservationists, and others in making decisions that promote sustainable practices and ensure that future residents have access to the same benefits that we currently enjoy. Click here to view the plan.
Landscapes initiatives for change
The county championed three major initiatives to balance the county's vision of managing growth and preservation, while maintaining the quality of life and sense of place enjoyed by residents. These initiatives advocate for a better, more sustainable future for Chester County and further promote the principles of Landscapes.
Build working partnerships
The county will join with municipal governments and stakeholders to develop productive partnerships that champion specific actions to achieve the vision of Landscapes. This initiative will involve the following:
- Retool the Vision Partnership Program;
- Provide municipal officials with planning information and resources; and
- Update the guidance offered through county reviews.
Create sustainable communities
The county will work with the state, municipal governments, and other partners to build and enhance sustainable communities within designated growth areas to provide options for:
- Transit and infrastructure improvements;
- Housing and service opportunities; and
- Economic development and revitalization.
Keep Chester County green
The county will advocate for a green future. This initiative will:
- Promote the protection of natural and cultural resources;
- Use green technologies and energy conservation measures to reduce the impact on the environment; and
- Encourage the sustainable use of resources in the county and local municipalities.